The NavInc interfaces allow for connecting video sources to the original navigation system of Volvo.
The interface ensures that an input is created on the original navigation system, on which various external video sources can be connected (e.g. DVD player, DVB-T TV, iPod, reversing camera, external navigation systems, etc.). The images will be displayed on the navigation screen. The audio of the video sources must be submitted via an AUX input or FM modulator.
It is possible to switch between the different video sources via the included button, remote control and/or 12V trigger cable.
- RGB input (Connecting external navigation system)
- 3x Audio/Video input (connect video sources, TV / DVD / iPod)
- Camera input (connecting reversing camera)
- Video output (connect headrest screens)
- PAL / NTSC support (auto detection)
- Audio output (audio link to the original audio system)
- Image retention while driving
- Adjustable parking lines
- Audio select
Through the interface menu, various settings can be adjusted for optimal image, namely;
- Display position
Via the camera input of the interface an aftermarket camera system can be connected to the iDrive system. The camera image will be displayed automatically on the screen when the car is put in the reverse gear.
In the camera image on screen parking guidelines can be displayed. This makes it much easier to determine the distance to the object you are driving towards. The guidelines are adjustable horizontal as well as vertical so the lines can be adjusted to the car.
The video output connection can be used for linking headrest monitors or roof monitors. Sources connected to the interface will also be shown on the screens in the back.
The following is provided in the set:
- NavInc Video Interface IF-IF-VOL-GV1
- Cable set
- Installation- and user manual
Voltage: 12V – 16V DC
Voltage-operating capacity: 8 – 18V DC
Standby current: 0 mA
Operating current: 12 Watt max.
Power input: 12V
Temperature range: - 30°C up to + 80°C
Dimensions(W x H x D): 130 x 20 x 102mm
- Check at the tab “compatibility” on top of this page if your radio or navigation system is suitable for this product.
- The connected video sources must support PAL and/or NTSC video signals.
- Audio of the connected video source must be linked to the AUX input of car, FM modulator, USB or iPod interface.
- No constant voltage needed (+30) therefore the interface is much more stable.
- Use of a metal casing and new components (not Chinese or remanufactured components).
The driver ofthe vehicle should not be inferred from the motion images. In many countries, watching movies while driving is prohibited. Therefore we accept no responsibility for material or personal injuries, directly or indirectly, due to installation of the interface modules.
Interface and Software basic information:
The NavInc interfaces are no navigation systems or screens to replace the navigation system. The NavInc interfaces enable the possibilities to connect different Audio/Video sources to the navigation system.
Manufacturers create adjusted software and hardware versions, options and enhancements which ensures that the compatibility of the products cannot be guaranteed 100%. Compatibility lists are based on customer feedback and experiences and will constantly be updated for optimal customer support.
Compatible for the following models of Volvo:
2011 - 2014
V40 Cross Country
2013 - 2014
2010 - 2013
2010 - 2013
2013 - 2013
2011 - 2014
2008 - 2013
2010 - 201>
- Only in combination with Sensus 7” navigation system.
- Volvo RTI screen supports NTSC composite video signal.
- AUX-output of the interface should be connected with an AUX interface or the AUX input of the car.
- Also possible to use the interface stand alone for reversing and/or forward driving camera function.
- Automatic switching to camera on all levels.
- Installation behind the Sensus navigation screen.
Image of suitable navigation systems: